#INKTOBER2014 Feature: Josh Coldiron

WHAT: *#INKTOBER is essentially an art challenge whereby folks draw an ink illustration each day for everyday in the month of October. In this series of blog-features, TOYSREVIL will showcase an artist each day(-ish) and their works for Inktober 2014 - Along with a lil' Q&A, of course!*

WHO: Josh Coldiron
WHAT: Artist/ Printer at Nori Toy
WHERE: www.noritoy.com

TOYSREVIL: Why did you start Inktober for 2014? Did you do the previous years?
JOSH COLDIRON: I started doing it to get the cobwebs off my drawing. I got into a habit of drawing when I need to, and sometimes that is months apart. Certainly not good for keeping up the skills. I use this as a way to get myself to draw something at least once a day, and using just ink adds an interesting challenge. I did most of Inktober last year once I realized it was not just something that Jake Parker was doing, but something he was pushing the community to do.

TOYSREVIL: Is there any specific "theme" you are going for, for this year's Inktober?
JOSH COLDIRON: No theme. My sketches are mostly done based on how much time I have. I have been slammed recently and so if I have 15 minutes, I'll do something more toony. The early bits I tried to draw a few things I never drew before, so I took a crack at some animals.

TOYSREVIL: What are you hoping to achieve with executing this project? Do you intend to finish it?
JOSH COLDIRON: I hope to develop a habit of drawing everyday like I should. Its the only way I feel I can keep growing as an artist, and sometimes you have to find a way to force yourself into a habit. I will finish Inktober, and kaiju willing, before November.
TOYSREVIL: Check out MORE Inktober works on Josh's dedicated Facebook album here, where it'll be updated as the days of the month go along :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK