#SOTOYS Artist Profile: Bilal



ART TOY NAME: Elmot & Elmit
SIZE : 5.5 inch
COLORWAYS : Black&White, resin.
On Display at SOTOYS @ Lou Belle Shop (Feb 28-Mar 7)
TOY STORY: "This toy is about myself and my life itself. The character that make the toy is mostly based on myself, a simple, black-white coloured, big mouth, a long ears, and without an eye was made as a reflection of myself to motivate myself based on it’s traits.

Elmit and Elmot are created as a twin, to resemble life and humanity as being human. Two pieces with different looks but came from a similar shapes as of one. Just like twins they are different but will always be attached to each other, alike and yet different, with differences towards each other as they are arguing."

A photo posted by billprocess (@bilalboyd) on

TOY BIO: "There are some part of the toy that I focused on; colors, head shape, eyeless, mouth, sharp teeth, bunny ears, small and hard body, tail, twin, and name.

Colors: Black and white colors resembles the differences yet connection of the toys as in two sides of a coin. And not forgetting that they are my favorite colors.

Head: Big rounded head shape (with articulation) are made as a resemblance to the fact that we must always have a good point of view in life to get the best out of it and keep using our head to embrace it. It was made rotatable so we can play it more casually.

Eyeless: An eyeless character was made so that we can control what we see, to prevent many bad desires that human often being tempted with. Desires of greed, lust, stature and etc.

Mouth: It resembles my personality as a quiet and outspoken person, bad social ability, and a shy intimidated person. So I pointed it out so I can see the bad side of myself and try to change for the better, without hiding or over thinking any fact about it.

Teeth: A sharp teeth are made to point that a sharp word might hurt other or hurt a relationship, it’s another reminder for us to be careful with our own word as it always affect life around us.

Ears: A rabbit have a sensitive sense of hearing. And music to hear is one of the most important thing in my life, it’s my drive, it’s what keeps me going. As music and hearing affects and help me control my emotion towards the up and down of life we all face.

Body: A small but sturdy body will keep us stand firm towards the heavy burden that life gives us.

Tail: A swerving tail with a pointy end resembling life will always have many curves but will always end in one final place. The pointy end resemble the destination of life no matter how curled or wavy it is.

Twin: I always have two point of view, whether it’s right or wrong, good or bad, black or white, and etc. We always have choice which side we’ll go with it’s own consequences that we can learn through life.

Name: ELMOT ELMIT is one of my nickname, and probably a bad one, as some of my friend are calling me LEMOT and LEMIT, so I put an anagram to it and make these name, ELMOT ELMIT."

ARTIST NAME: Bilal Maulana a.k.a Bilal (IG @bilalboyd)

ARTIST BIO: "I really love art, and at the moment I am making some piece of art such as sculpting , painting, decorating ,and any other visual art types." (Email: Bilalboyd@gmail.com)

[ TOYSREVIL is the Official Media Partner for SOTOYS 2015 ]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK