#SOTOYS Artist Profile: Mr. Evilsion


ART TOY NAME: Evilsion
SIZE: 11.5 inch tall
COLORWAYS: Acrylic on Resin
On Display at SOTOYS @ Lou Belle Shop (Feb 28-Mar 7)
TOY STORY: "Mr.Evilsion is the character of my creation that has long been always present in any works created by me. Mr.Evilsion a figure resembling the character of television-headed devil horns and red. Mr.Evilsion is a combination word of Evil and Television basis then I mix those two words into Evilsion. The reason why I give the name Evilsion because I realized all that much was not good and it is usually the nature of the devil.

Excessive nature that happens to me or maybe someone else can not be separated from the name of communication technologies such as, television, gadgets, games, social media. Since childhood, I really like to watch cartoon shows on TV like that in '90s in Indonesia is still very flourishing and mostly less educated.

I made a character Mr.Evilsion as criticism and as a therapy in order to reduce the bad qualities. Mr. (Mister) as gender symbol depicting Mr.Evilsion character is a part of me or it could have been someone else. I like to visualize Mr.Evilsion combined with other forms of combination of various shapes such as animals in addition to the original form that resembles a human."

ARTIST NAME: Rifky M Isa a.k.a Mr. Evilsion (www.wygcybr.tk / IG @rifkymisa)

ARTIST BIO: Born in Bandung December 25 1991. College student at Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Bandung from 2009 till now. Half time teacher. Visual Artist who love make an artwork like drawing, painting, sculpt, toys, video used many medium. A Gooners (fans of Arsenal Football FC) and Bobotoh (Fans of Persib Bandung). Urban Culture as inspiration for me to make artwork. Like technology (Television, games, etc.), movies, anime, cartoon, and life around me. 
Email : rifkymisa@gmail.com

[ TOYSREVIL is the Official Media Partner for SOTOYS 2015 ]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK